Is my child at risk?
Children of every gender, age, race, ethnicity, culture, religion, sexual orientation, family structure, socioeconomic status, immigration status, and geographic location are at risk of abuse.
- 1 in 4 girls is sexually abused before turning 18
- 1 in 6 boys is sexually abused before turning 18
- 1 in 5 children is sexually solicited while online
- Most children do not report the abuse
- 9 yo = mean age of child sex abuse victims
- 11-13 yo = average age of entry for boys and transgender youth into the commercial sex industry
- 12-14 yo = average age of entry for girls into the commercial sex industry
Teaching your child about "stranger danger" isn't enough
- 90% of child sexual abuse victims know their abuser
- 39% are abused by a family member